FutureStaff Shuffle – $299 – Standard build with click-through modes that shuffle the pattern continuously every 5 seconds. Click off and on again to change modes. Staff attachment piece is 39 in. to create a 4 ft. 6 in. Staff.
FutureStaff Remote – $349 – Adds a custom 7-key remote so you can control the graphics, select color palettes, save your favorite patterns and control changes in time to a beat. Staff attachment piece is 39 in. to create a 4 ft. 6 in. Staff.
FutureStaff XL – $399 – Twice the lights of FutureStaff Remote by using a longer LED element. Uses 3 drawing modes to take advantage of the extra picture length: Stretch, Mirror Top, and Mirror Bottom. Comes with remote control. Staff attachment piece is 28 in. to create a 4 ft. 6 in. Staff.
The FutureStaff and FuturePoi light elements are interchangeable, allowing you to switch between poi handles and a staff extension piece for multi-prop usage.
All FutureStaff models generate psychedelic visualizations and full blown 8-bit images. Each model has Special “click-through” modes (in case you can’t find your remote) and a special Sync Mode that allows both light elements to match patterns and change in sync with each other.
The Remote and XL models allow you to use the remote control to reset and restart Sync Mode from the beginning so multiple props can join in and sync their changes together. It is truly breathtaking to watch!
Turn on both units in the same mode and they will automatically sync patterns, changing every 6 seconds. By clicking the FutureStaff on and off again, or by using the Remote, you can cycle through the Special Modes in the following order:
- Motif – Inspired by traditional art motifs with a splash of 8-bit iconography. Dynamic colors and effects are layered to create endless variations and unbelievable trails.
- Waveform – Geometric waveforms produce mind-bending patterns that look great in tight spins. Consumes very little power so your battery lasts longer.
- Motif Chaining – Stitches Motifs and Waveforms together into a repeating chain to produce endlessly fresh visualizations and never before seen combinations.
- Galaxy – A smooth and constant rainbow ripple to allow for mellow moods and flow-focused routines. Hypnotic and calming, whether still or in motion.
- Saved Presets – Only in Remote and XL. Save your favorite Motifs and Waveforms and this mode will let you Shuffle them. Seamlessly cue your next Saved Preset to a beat or on command.
- Sync – Both lights can display the same patterns, colors, and changes in sync. Plays back the same sequence each time. Can be used to sync many pairs of props at once!
- Flames – (an XL only mode) A flame pattern that captures the essence of fire spinning. This mode is only a single flame pattern.
FutureStaff Remote/Shuffle Specs
- Length: 4 ft. 6 in.
- Weight: 13.8 oz
- Width: 1.25 in.
- Display: Each light element contains 40 LEDs with the graphics drawn in 20 lines of resolution. Each light element displays 5.5 in. of light.
FutureStaff XL Specs
- XL Length: 4 ft. 6 in.
- XL Weight: 17.4 oz
- XL Width: 1.25 inches
- XL Display: Each light element contains 80 LEDs with the graphics drawn in 40 lines of resolution. Each light element displays 11 in. of light.
Battery Run Time
Li-ion rechargeable battery. Recharges via USB micro connection.
- Motif: 10 hours
- Waveform: 22 hours
- Motif Chaining: 10 hours
- Galaxy: 8 hours
LED Display Length
The light elements of the FutureStaff attach separately to the two ends of the staff attachment. Only the ends of the FutureStaff light up.
- Shuffle/Remote Staff – the last 8 inches light up on each end
- XL Staff – the last 14 inches light up on each end (shown below)
- 2 modular light elements
- Staff attachment
- Silicone end caps
- Wall charger with 2 USB ports
- 2 USB micro cables (charges both lights simultaneously)
The FutureStaff attachment piece clicks into place and sits flush with the light elements of the FuturePoi/FutureStaff. Made from durable 1 inch OD polycarbonate tubing, the lightweight attachment will give your staff a total length of 4ft 6in. The FutureStaff attachment is compatible with FuturePoi XL, Remote, or Shuffle.
Looking for a Future Staff Attachment piece in a custom size? Write in to us.
FAQ and Warranty
Are the patterns always shuffling?
Upon start up in a mode the FutureStaff graphical settings will randomize in Motif, Waveforms, and Motif Chaining, changing every 6 seconds. The pattern generator shuffles automatically so you can focus on your flow.
How do you change Modes?
Turn light off then on again to change to the modes, or use the remote if you have the Remote or XL. To sync up the change rate without a remote, simply turn both lights on at the same time in the same Mode. To control the change rate, animation speed and color settings, get the FutureStaff Remote or XL.
How do you Sync?
Use Sync Mode in any of the models by turning them on at the same time. If timed correctly in Sync mode you can have multiple units, or just the pair, displaying identical patterns and changing at the same rate. For more info about Sync check out this FAQ: https://moodhoops.com/ufaqs/sync-up-futurepoi/
Only the ends of the FutureStaff light up
Shuffle/Remote Staff – the last 8 inches light up on each end
XL Staff – the last 14 inches light up on each end (shown below)
Need extra reassurance?
FuturePoi / FutureStaff Comparison Guide
|Autoplay with randomization||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sync with other FuturePoi||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Customization via remote control||✓||✓|
|Can stop on a pattern||✓||✓|
|Tap Tempo (set to a beat)||✓||✓|
|# of Special Modes||5||6||6||5||6|
|Weight||5.1 oz||5.1 oz||7.1 oz||4.4 oz||4 oz|
|Height||10 in||10 in||15.5 in||10.5 in||6 in|
|# of LEDs||40||40||80||40||12|
|Light Resolution||20 lines in 5.5 in||20 lines in 5.5 in||40 lines in 11 in||20 lines in 8 in||12 lines in 6 in|
Follow us @moodhoops! Tag your #mhFutureStaff on Instagram and you'll show up here!