FutureStaff Shuffle – $299 – Standard build with startup modes that shuffle the pattern continuously every 5 seconds. Click the power switch off and on again to change modes.
FutureStaff Remote – $349 – Adds a custom 7-key remote so you can control the graphics, select color palettes, save your favorite patterns and control changes in time to a beat.
FutureStaff XL – $399 – Twice the lights of FutureStaff Remote by using a longer LED element. Uses 3 drawing modes to take advantage of the extra picture length: Stretch, Mirror Top, and Mirror Bottom. Comes with remote control.
The FutureStaff and FuturePoi light elements are interchangeable, allowing you to switch between poi handles and a staff extension piece for multi-prop usage.
All FutureStaff models generate psychedelic visualizations and full blown 8-bit images. Each model has special startup modes (in case you can’t find your remote), including a Sync Mode that allows both light elements to match patterns and change in sync with each other.
The Remote and XL models allow you to use the remote control to reset and restart Sync Mode from the beginning so multiple props can join in and sync their changes together. It is truly breathtaking to watch!
Startup both units in the same mode and they will automatically sync patterns, changing every 6 seconds. By clicking the power switch on and off again, or by using the remote, you can cycle through the Startup Modes in the following order:
- Motif – Inspired by traditional art motifs with a splash of 8-bit iconography. Dynamic colors and effects are layered to create endless variations and unbelievable trails.
- Waveform – Geometric waveforms produce mind-bending patterns that look great in tight spins. Consumes very little power so your battery lasts longer.
- Motif Chaining – Stitches Motifs and Waveforms together into a repeating chain to produce endlessly fresh visualizations and never before seen combinations.
- Galaxy – A smooth and constant rainbow ripple to allow for mellow moods and flow-focused routines. Hypnotic and calming, whether still or in motion.
- Saved Presets – Only in Remote and XL. Save your favorite Motifs and Waveforms and this mode will let you Shuffle them. Seamlessly cue your next Saved Preset to a beat or on command.
- Sync – Both lights can display the same patterns, colors, and changes in sync. Plays back the same sequence each time. Can be used to sync many pairs of props at once!
- Flames – (an XL only) A flame pattern that captures the essence of fire spinning. This mode is only a single flame pattern.
FutureStaff Remote/Shuffle Specs
- Length, fully assembled: Large – 56 inches, Medium – 46 inches, Small – 36 inches
- Weight: Large – 18.2 oz, Medium – 14.7oz, Small – 11.3oz
- Width: 1 in.
- Display: Each light element contains 40 LEDs total, split into two displays (front and back) for better visibility in motion. Each display consists of 20 LEDs in a 5.5 inch long row, for a resolution of 3.6 pixels/inch.
FutureStaff XL Specs
- XL Length, fully assembled: Large – 67 inches, Medium – 57 inches, Small – 47 inches
- XL Weight: Large – 20.5oz, Medium – 16.5oz, Small – 13.1oz
- XL Width: 1 inches
- XL Display: Each light element contains 80 LEDs total, split into two displays (front and back) for better visibility in motion. Each display consists of 40 LEDs in an 11 inch long row, for a resolution of 3.6 pixels/inch.
The light elements of the FutureStaff attach separately to the two ends of the staff attachment. Only the ends of the FutureStaff light up.
Battery Run Time
Li-ion rechargeable battery. Recharges via USB micro connection.
- Motif: 10 hours
- Waveform: 22 hours
- Motif Chaining: 10 hours
- Galaxy: 8 hours
- 2 modular light elements
- Staff attachment
- Silicone end caps
- Wall charger with 2 USB ports
- 2 USB micro cables (charges both lights simultaneously)
The FutureStaff attachment piece clicks into place and sits flush with the light elements of the FuturePoi/FutureStaff. Made from durable 1 inch OD polycarbonate tubing. The FutureStaff attachment is compatible with FuturePoi XL, Remote, or Shuffle.
Looking for a Future Staff Attachment piece in a custom size? Write in to us.
FAQ and Warranty
Are the patterns always shuffling?
Upon start up in a mode the FutureStaff graphical settings will randomize in Motif, Waveforms, and Motif Chaining, changing every 6 seconds. The pattern generator shuffles automatically so you can focus on your flow.
How do you change Modes?
Turn light off then on again to change to the modes, or use the remote if you have the Remote or XL. To sync up the change rate without a remote, simply turn both lights on at the same time in the same Mode. To control the change rate, animation speed and color settings, get the FutureStaff Remote or XL.
How do you Sync?
Use Sync Mode in any of the models by turning them on at the same time. If timed correctly in Sync mode you can have multiple units, or just the pair, displaying identical patterns and changing at the same rate. For more info about Sync check out this FAQ: https://moodhoops.com/ufaqs/sync-up-futurepoi/
Need extra reassurance?
Check out the FutureStaff Warranty Info
FutureStaff Comparison Guide
FutureStaff & Poi
|60 lines in
|40 lines in
|20 lines in
|20 lines in