Fire Hoop Features
- Choose between 5/8″ or 3/4″ HDPE or Polypro tubing.
- Adjustable/removable clamps to fit 3/4 and 7/8″ tubing or 5/8″ tubing.
- Folded wick design allows for no exposed metal on outside of the wick.
- Sturdy steel spine for wobble free fire hooping.
- Made with stainless steel parts.
- Manufacturing Warranty
If your fire hoop is purchased with 5/8″ wicks, these wicks have a shorter band and will fit best only on 5/8″ tubing. If you get the 3/4″ wicks these will fit all of the tubing sizes, but when the wicks are on 5/8″ tubing the clamp band will overhang by a little bit. This can be taped down to be sure they won’t catch on anything.
- 5 inch spines from hoop to end of the Kevlar wick.
- Weight: 1.6 ounces per wick.
- Wick length: 1.5 inches
- Total length: 6 inches
Fire safety Guidelines
- Supervision of an experienced fire performer and spotter.
- Prior training on fuel safety and fire performance safety.
- Necessary safety equipment and clothing.
- An expert level of experience performing with the fire tool you will use (having practiced with it unlit).
Read the NAFAA Performer Safety Guidelines for points you may not have considered, though no single document should be considered as a comprehensive fire safety and fuel safety education. Below are some common sense warnings to guide your own research about fire safety and fuel safety, and are not to be taken as a comprehensive safety education:
- Do not use explosive fuels. (Gasoline is explosive.) Do plenty of research on the differences between different fuels. If you are unsure which fuel to use, do not attempt to perform.
- Do not leave fuel in open containers while performing. An errant cigarette ash could start a fire.
- Fuel the wick far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Spin excess fuel off of the wick, far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Do not light your own wicks.
- Do not bring freshly extinguished wicks near a fuel container.
- Do not submerge freshly extinguished wicks into fuel.