The interactive 44-key remote control gives you complete access to color banks, pattern layers, timing changes, spiral controls, brightness, and your saved patterns. Create and save up to 14 different patterns, then use the Tap Tempo button to change patterns in time to a beat. With the 44-key remote you can create custom color palettes, change chaser modes on the fly, melt galaxy effects, save your favorites, add or remove layers, cue changes in time to a beat, synchronize and much more.
The compact 7-key remote is programmed with handy features to have on the go and for easy performances cues. You can also use the small remote to access saved patterns, synchronize multiple hoops, quickly switch between modes, and alter your brightness. The 44-key remote can do everything the 7-key remote can do, but many people find it more convenient to carry around the smaller-sized 7-key remote when full design features aren’t needed. Even if you don’t have your remote control on you, you still have control of the hoop. Changing to the next Mode is as easy as turning the hoop off and then on again.
This hoop is designed to play!
The controls are thoughtfully designed for performers, intermediate and novice hoopers alike. Press the Random Colors button to generate fresh color palettes, or add a multi-color spiral layer around a motif. Invert the negative spaces of patterns, or play with the Size of the image displayed. Turn on Color Lock, create your custom color palette, then watch as the hoop shuffles through patterns using only your selected colors.
Sync up your FutureHoop patterns and changes with other FutureHoops to create a choreographed performance lightscape with other performers! We’ve thoughtfully designed the hoop to be geared towards performers so the hoop makes changes seamlessly as you cue the customized patterns or when you press the Next button.
Melt hues to make your own custom chill Galaxy mode using blended colors. Alter the timing and speed of mind-bending chasers and isolation effects on the fly. These are just a few examples of neat ways you can edit and customize your patterns and syncability.
HoopMaiden posted this awesome tutorial for FutureHoop Pro.
- Motif (blinks pink) – Inspired by traditional art motifs with a splash of 8-bit iconography. Dynamic colors and effects layer to create endless variations and hypnotizing trails.
- Spiral (blinks green) – Uses high-speed points of chasing light to create mind-bending visuals. Remote lets you edit the speed and chaser effects on the fly.
- Solid (blinks orange) – Full display of solid color or a slow-changing rainbow rotation.
- Galaxy (blinks white) – Rippling rainbow & blending layer with a layer of color changing points of light. Customize and design your own Galaxy mode.
- Iso (blinks purple) – Chasers appear to freeze and hover as you perform isolations or spinning tosses. The chaser layer and background layer breathe in and out while swapping colors and speeds.
- Pop (blinks blue) – Bold, geometric blocks of strobing colors create the illusion of multiple hoops being spun.
- Blizzard (blinks aqua) – A flurry of all-white chasers create a special and hypnotic Spiral.
- Saved (blinks yellow) – Your Saved presets seamlessly queue or Shuffle. Easily edit and save patterns then access them quickly later, all with the remote. Sync your 14 saved patterns with another FutureHoop Remote or Pro, FuturePoi Remote or XL, or FutureWand Remote.
FutureHoop Battery Options
- Run Time: 2-5 hours per charge, depending on mode and brightness
- Recharge time: 4-6 hours plugged in to recharge via micro-USB cable
- Comes with: micro USB cord, USB wall charger
There is a small red light inside the hoop that turns on when the hoop is charging. The red light turns off when the hoop is fully charged. Unplug your hoop when it has completed charging. The USB wall charger that comes with your hoop has a light on it to let you know that it’s receiving power from the outlet. This isn’t an indicator of whether the hoop charging, only that it’s receiving power. Non-removable battery FutureHoops are compatible with any USB charger or USB power source as long as you have a micro USB cable.
Power Saving Tips
- Use the remote control to turn down the brightness.
- FutureHoop patterns with more black space than color require fewer LEDs on at once, which saves power and extends battery life. Simple, minimal patterns (like spirals and chasers) can last for many hours on a single charge.
Polypro LED Hoops
- 44-key remote control
- 7-key remote control
- 4 removable batteries and single wall charger (if removable battery option selected)
- USB micro cord and wall charger (if internal battery option selected)
- 3M clear grip tape added along inner ring of hoop
5/8 Tubing Option
Fast breaks and reversals in 5/8 can cause the shape of the hoop to become warped, or the tubing can become over extended and kink. If also in polypro, the tubing is likely to crack from the stress. Kinked and cracked tubing is not covered by the warranty, so take extra care when selecting your hoop tubing options.
Comes with extra grippy 3M grip tape along the inner ring of the hoop. This clear tape provides excellent traction and allows the signals from the remote controls to pass through easily.
The FutureHoop uses sensors to be able to pick up the button press signals from the remote controls. It’s best not to use regular grip tape with this hoop, as the grip tape (whether in black or white) blocks the signal and shortens the signal difference.
Sanding or waxing the hoop does not affect the signal and is the best option for hoop grip (aside from the 3M grip tape) that does not interrupt the remote control signal.
For polypro hoops, subtract approx. 0.2 to 0.4 oz from the weight of the hoop.