MoodHoops guarantees the electronic internals (such as LEDs, solder joints) for 1 year. Determining Warranty eligibility is at our discretion. If your Warranty has lapsed, please write in to us anyway and we’ll do our best to help you out. We want you to love your Moodhoops prop and will work with you as much as we can to get you glowing again 🙂
- Water, fire, or heat damage is not covered by the Warranty.
Always avoid wet or damp environments with your LED props, or leaving them outside. LED props with extensive water damage are often not able to be repaired.
- Damage and regular wear and tear to tubing is not covered by the Warranty.
- Do not disassemble your Moodhoop prop. Disassembly voids your warranty.
- Batteries are consumable and are not covered by Warranty. See below for more info.
Battery Care, Use & Safety
Our Battery Safety & Care Guide will give you all the info you need to get the longest life out of your rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
- Batteries are consumable and are not covered by Warranty, but please contact us with any questions.
- Only use ONE battery in your hoop. Using two batteries damages the hoop and voids your warranty.
- Test each battery in your hoop upon receipt and let us know within 4 days if you have a non-working battery upon arrival.
- Rechargeable batteries are consumable and are not covered by the Warranty, unless the battery is received non-working on arrival.
- Use only a battery inside your Moodhoop that was purchased from our Shop. We provide only the highest quality lithium-ion hoop batteries with protection circuits and test each one.
The FutureHoop Warranty covers workmanship and materials for 1 year and follows the guidelines of our regular warranty.
- If misuse or abuse of the hoop causes damage, this will not be covered by the Warranty, but we are still happy to help with repairs. Determining Warranty eligibility is at our discretion.
- FutureHoops contain sensitive components and it’s the responsibility of the customer to avoid misuse of the hoop and to take proper care of the hoop as described in the below tips, which are also a part of our general Warranty information.
- Grip tape on the hoop is consumable and is not covered by the Warranty. New tape can be purchased through our website.
Please read all LED MoodHoops Warranty and Hoop Care information. Write in to us if you have any questions about the FutureHoop Warranty before making your purchase. We’re happy to help answer all of your questions 🙂
If a FutureHoop is found with damage due to misuse, this will not be covered by the Warranty. Hoop trauma can cause individual LEDs or whole sections of the hoop to fail. Some of this damage may not be covered by the Warranty and will be determined upon inspection.
FutureHoop Care Instructions:
Follow these tips to keep your hoop in good shape and to avoid damage to the hoop that will not be covered by the Warranty.
- Follow all Battery Safety and Care tips.
- Never put two batteries into your hoop, or put a battery in backwards.
- Avoid very high and very low temperatures. Do not leave the hoop in a hot, enclosed space, like a vehicle, for extended periods of time. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid wet or damp environments, like outdoor grassy areas where dew can collect. The sensitive hoop components are not waterproof.
- Aggressive breaks, hard reversals, hard impacts against the ground or walls, missed jumps or some other trauma to the hoop can cause damage to the tubing or to individual LEDs. This kind of damage is not covered by the Warranty.
- Avoid hooping on concrete or other hard surfaces. When hooping, give yourself enough room to dance and perform tricks and avoid hard impacts on walls, the ground or other hard surfaces.
Kinked or Cracked Tubing
- Kinked, creased, or bent tubing is not covered by the Warranty. Most normal hooping or spinning, even strong impacts, won’t kink tubing.
- Coiling your hoop in extremely cold temperatures is more difficult and can lead to bent or cracked tubing if not very careful.
- There is a significant chance that you could kink your hoop with aggressive hooping tricks or while attempting to coil the hoop down for storage.
- Certain moves like breaks, reversals, or some sort of trauma to the hoop, like a high impact hit or landing on it accidentally when trying to jump through it, is what can result in the hoop getting a kink in it. These kinds of aggressive moves may also cause damage to the individual LEDs.
- Exposure to heat when the tubing is collapsed can cause the tubing to warp and should be avoided.
Coiling your hoop for travel or storage:
If you are in doubt about whether you can fully coil your hoop without kinking it, don’t coil all the way. Kinked tubing is not be covered by the Warranty. Hoops in larger sizes are more easy to collapse. Collapsing an LED hoop with LED strip is risky in general.
It is not recommended to fully collapse hoops 34″ or less, but even with the 36″ hoop, collapsing the hoop should be done very carefully. Kinked tubing is not covered so please collapse your hoop with care!
Need your hoop retubed or serviced?
No problem! If you’ve accidentally kinked or cracked your LED hoop, and it’s still working normally, and you’d like new tubing or your hoop serviced visit our Service pages to get your hoop in tip top shape 🙂
Classic Hoops: https://moodhoops.com/product-tag/classic-hoop-service/
If you need assistance with troubleshooting, repairs, or warranty issues please write is to us using one of our Troubleshooting forms and we’ll work with you to get it handled quickly 🙂
FuturePoi / FutureStaff
The FuturePoi and FutureStaff Warranty covers workmanship and materials for 1 year. The light elements of FuturePoi and FutureStaff contain sensitive components, have thousands of tiny connections, and are subject to wear and tear like any other consumer electronic.
It is the responsibility of the customer to avoid misuse and take proper care, as described in the below tips, which are also a part of our general warranty information. If accidents, misuse or abuse of the poi/staff causes damage, this will not be covered by the warranty, but we are still happy to help with repairs.
- Water, fire, or heat damage to FuturePoi or FutureStaff is not covered by the Warranty.
- Always avoid wet or damp environments with your LED poi/staff, or leaving your poi/staff outside.
- The silicone end caps are consumable, as they are subject to wear and tear. Replacement caps are available on the website.
Write in to us immediately and we will help to get your poi/staff working again as fast as possible. Determining warranty eligibility is at our discretion.
Poi & Staff Battery Care
- Batteries are consumable and will need be replaced at some point, similar to batteries in your smartphone or mp3 player.
- Leaving the poi/staff in a fully discharged state, or in a hot environment, could result in early failure of your battery and will not be covered by the warranty.
- With proper care the internal batteries should keep an acceptable charge for years. Even if out of warranty, battery replacement can be performed for a nominal fee.
Fire Hoops & Wicks Warranty
Moodhoops warrants to the purchaser of the Moodhoops Fire Wicks that the product will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship. This expressly excludes finishes, wicking material (which deteriorates with time and use) and re-wicking labor.
- Any defective Fire Wicks shall be replaced or repaired after inspection, showing the product has failed under this warranty, and provided a written claim is presented to us.
- Under this warranty we agree to either: replace the defective product; or repair the defective tool at no charge, excluding shipping costs.
- This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied and is the sole warranty extended by us for the Detachable Fire Wick.
- Damage to a hoop or prop caused by Fire Wicks is not included in any warranty. If you think you might damage your hoop, try using a practice hoop or or an old hoop first.
Our liability under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of the product and does not include any responsibility for consequential or other damages and injuries of any nature. Contact Us if you have any questions about the Fire Wicks.
Fire Hoop Care
- Fully collapsing and closing the hoop can cause the hoop tubing to kink. Full size fire hoops have an inner sleeve that cannot take the pressure from the hoop being collapsed and locked into place.
- The locking snap button allows the hoop to be opened and partially collapsed, but the hoop should not be coiled and locked into place for storage.
- A kinked inner sleeve or kinked hoop is not covered by Warranty.
Each MoodHoops Fire Hoop comes complete with a blank hoop. Once a Fire Hoop has been shipped, we cannot exchange the size of the hoop included with the Fire Hoop. A new hoop size can be purchased at a discount and the hoop included with the original Fire Hoop can be kept and used as a practice hoop. This saves on shipping and time!
Please keep in mind that covered warranty issues will have the repair and return postage covered/paid for by us, but purchasing the postage for sending the warrantied product back to us is paid for by the customer.