Check out our Help Docs for more helpful info about using your hoop!
One of the best features about the FutureHoop Designer is that you can quickly and easily load software updates, new features, and patterns packs as we develop them.
Contact us if you tried to apply an update and the instructions didn’t work for you. We’re happy to help you started working with your hoop!
How to Apply a Hoop Update
Make sure you have a charged battery before applying the update! Once the upload is finished you will need to start the hoop on battery power right after to complete the update.
- Download the Current Version of the hoop software onto your computer from the Downloads page.
- Unzip/extract the (.zip) file to be able to access the update file inside of it.
- Once the files are extracted, the update file’s name should end with .hex
- Plug your hoop into your computer via a USB micro cable to access the hoop drive.
- Drag and drop the update file onto the top level of the hoop’s flash drive.
- Remember to “Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media” in the Taskbar before unplugging the hoop drive.
- Unplug the USB cord, then start your hoop on battery power (make sure to use a charged battery!)
- The hoop will now start updating! This shouldn’t take more than 10-20 secs.
- There is a little red LED inside the hoop that you should see blink, then go solid on for several seconds, then blink several more times.
- The hoop should then reboot and begin playing your patterns. If everything went well, your hoop should start animating patterns as normal after the update.
Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
“Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media” in the Taskbar (lower right of screen) before unplugging the hoop drive. This makes sure that the computer is done writing data to the hoop and that unplugging won’t corrupt the drive. FYI even if you corrupt the drive the worst you’ll have to do is reformat it and reload the patterns (make sure to keep backups of all your patterns on your computer!).
Where do I find the update file I just downloaded?
In your browser window’s bottom task bar you will see the downloaded .zip file. Select to “Show in Folder” or “Open Containing Folder”. It’s easiest if the file is then moved to your desktop so you know where it is.
Why is the update in a .zip file and how do I open it?
This is a zip file which is a file folder that has had its data compressed so that it’s small enough to send. Zip (.zip) folders need to have the compressed data “extracted” before you will be able to view it.
How to extract files:
How to extract the update .hex from the .zip file varies slightly depending on your OS. Probably the easiest way to do this is to double-click on the .zip file to open it up, then drag the update file onto your Desktop. You can then delete the .zip file. The .hex file is what you will use to update the hoop.
Hoop Update Troubleshooting
If anything went wrong, you can try applying the update again, or revert to a previous update using the same instructions as above but with a different update file. Don’t worry, there’s no way to permanently ruin your hoop from an update! Contact us if you run into a snag, we’re happy to help walk you through it!
If you tried to apply an update and the instructions above don’t work for you, please contact us & we’ll help you out.