FuturePoi Shuffle – $299 – Standard build with click-through modes that shuffle the pattern continuously every 6 seconds. Turn the poi off and on again to change modes.
FuturePoi Remote – $349 – Adds a custom 7-key remote so you can control the graphics, select color palettes, save your favorite patterns and control changes in time to a beat.
FuturePoi XL – $399 – Twice as long as normal FuturePoi Remote with twice the lights.
Uses 3 drawing modes to take advantage of the extra length: Stretch, Mirror Top, and Mirror Bottom. Comes with remote control.
- Motif – Inspired by traditional art motifs with a splash of 8-bit iconography. Dynamic colors and effects layer to create endless variations and unbelievable trails.
- Waveform – Geometric waveforms produce mind-bending patterns that look great in orbitals and tight spins. Consumes very little power so your battery lasts longer.
- Motif Chaining – Stitches Motifs and Waveforms together into a repeating chain to produce endlessly fresh visualizations and never before seen combinations.
- Galaxy – A smooth and constant rainbow ripple to allow for mellow moods and flow-focused routines. Hypnotic and calming, whether still or in motion.
- Saved Presets – Only in FuturePoi Remote and FuturePoi Remote XL. Save your favorite Motifs and Waveforms and this mode will let you Shuffle them. Seamlessly cue your next Saved Preset to a beat or on command.
- Sync – Both lights can display the same patterns, colors, and changes in sync. Plays back the same sequence each time. Can be used to sync many pairs of props at once!
- Flames – (an XL only mode) A flame pattern that captures the essence of fire spinning. This mode is only a single flame pattern.
By clicking the FuturePoi on and off again, or by using the Remote, you can cycle through to the next Mode in the following order. Upon start up of each mode the FuturePoi start a 6 second shuffle.
Modular Staff Attachment
The FuturePoi and FutureStaff light elements are interchangeable, allowing you to switch between poi handles and a staff extension piece for multi-prop usage.
All FuturePoi models generate psychedelic visualizations and full blown 8-bit images. Each model has Special “click-through” modes (in case you can’t find your remote) and a special Sync Mode that allows both light elements to match patterns and change in sync with each other.
The Remote and XL models allow you to use the remote control to reset and restart Sync Mode from the beginning so multiple props can join in and sync their changes together. It is truly breathtaking to watch!
FuturePoi Remote or Shuffle
- Weight: 5.1 oz
- Height: 10 in.
- Width: 1 in.
- Display: Each poi contains 40 LEDs with the graphics drawn in 20 lines of resolution. Each poi displays 5.5 in. of light.
- XL Weight: 7.1 oz
- XL Height: 15.5 in.
- XL Width: 1 inches
- XL Display: Each poi contains 80 LEDs with the graphics drawn in 40 lines of resolution. Each poi displays 11 in. of light.
The LEDs point out in opposite directions so you can always see the patterns from any angle.
Battery & Charging
- Battery Run time: Motif: 10 hours, Waveform: 22 hours, Motif Chaining: 10 hours, Galaxy: 8 hours
- Charging: Rechargeable via micro USB connection.
- Included: High-quality thick leash cord, silicone end caps, wall charger and 2 micro USB cables included to charge both poi simultaneously.
What is the difference between FuturePoi Lite & FuturePoi Shuffle?Hardware
- Shuffle has a higher resolution (3.5 LEDs per inch) and is housed in a diffused polycarbonate tubing, which makes the lights appear a little softer.
- Lite has a lower resolution (2.5 LEDs per inch) than the Shuffle and is housed in a clear polycarbonate tubing, which makes the lights crisper and can be interpreted as being brighter.
- FuturePoi Lite is not made to be attached to a staff, like the more modular design of the FuturePoi Shuffle.
- FuturePoi Shuffle will display the same pattern on each light element, but the drawing effects (colors & display field or "stretch") are different on each one.
- With the FuturePoi Lite, both light elements will display identical patterns.
What's the difference between Motif and Sync mode?Sync mode allows you to match up your poi patterns with any other FuturePoi model. Motif mode, and any mode on the FuturePoi Lite, will always match to each other and other FuturePoi Lite.
Are the patterns always shuffling?
Upon start up in a mode the FuturePoi graphical settings will randomize in Motif, Waveforms, and Motif Chaining, changing every 6 seconds. The pattern generator shuffles automatically so you can focus on your flow.
How do you change Modes?
Turn light off then on again to change to the modes, or use the remote if you have the Remote or XL. To sync up the change rate without a remote, simply turn both lights on at the same time in the same Mode. To control the change rate, animation speed and color settings, get the FutureStaff Remote or XL.
How do you Sync?
Use Sync Mode in any of the models by turning them on at the same time. If timed correctly in Sync mode you can have multiple units, or just the pair, displaying identical patterns and changing at the same rate. For more info about Sync check out this FAQ: https://moodhoops.com/ufaqs/sync-up-futurepoi/
Need extra reassurance?
FuturePoi / FutureStaff Comparison Guide
|Autoplay with randomization||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sync with other FuturePoi||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Customization via remote control||✓||✓|
|Can stop on a pattern||✓||✓|
|Tap Tempo (set to a beat)||✓||✓|
|# of Special Modes||5||6||6||5||6|
|Weight||5.1 oz||5.1 oz||7.1 oz||4.4 oz||4 oz|
|Height||10 in||10 in||15.5 in||10.5 in||6 in|
|# of LEDs||40||40||80||40||12|
|Light Resolution||20 lines in 5.5 in||20 lines in 5.5 in||40 lines in 11 in||20 lines in 8 in||12 lines in 6 in|