Fire Poi Features
- Kevlar poi heads are sushi roll style for easy repair and replacement
- Manufacturing warranty
- Sold as a pair
Fire Poi Specs
- Poi Head Length: 2″
- Width: 1.8″
- Chain Length: 20″
- Weight: 3.8 ounces each
Fire Safety Guidelines
- Supervision of an experienced fire performer and spotter.
- Prior training on fuel safety and fire performance safety.
- Necessary safety equipment and clothing.
- An expert level of experience performing with the fire tool you will use (having practiced with it unlit).
Read the NAFAA Performer Safety Guidelines for points you may not have considered, though no single document should be considered as a comprehensive fire safety and fuel safety education. Below are some common sense warnings to guide your own research about fire safety and fuel safety, and are not to be taken as a comprehensive safety education:
- Do not use explosive fuels. (Gasoline is explosive.) Do plenty of research on the differences between different fuels. If you are unsure which fuel to use, do not attempt to perform.
- Do not leave fuel in open containers while performing. An errant cigarette ash could start a fire.
- Fuel the wick far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Spin excess fuel off of the wick, far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Do not light your own wicks.
- Do not bring freshly extinguished wicks near a fuel container.
- Do not submerge freshly extinguished wicks into fuel.
Poi Handle Options
MoodGrips Knob Handles:
A highly versatile knob style handle great for Poi or Levi Wands. Made with a soft, ergonomic silicone outer grip silicone.
- Weight is easily adjustable with addition of any 3/4″ outer diameter washers (5/16″ x 3/4″ is standard).
- Weight per handle is approx. 16g, 33g with 6 washers.
- Accepts any rope, cord or cable up to 3/8 inch diameter.
Double Loop Cloth Handles:
Smooth cloth loops are typically used on the index and middle fingers and provide constant contact between you and your poi handles.