No products in the cart.
Moodhoops detachable Fire Wicks give ultimate fire prop diversity as they can be moved to different hoops & tubing sizes. Adjustable & sturdy build. Get your burn on!
Order single Fire Wicks à la carte to build a custom fire prop to your specifications. We think these are the best fire wicks for hoops that you can find.
- Folded wick design allows for no exposed metal on outside of the wick. (Metal on your wick leads to burns)
- Adjustable to fit 5/8″, 3/4″ OD or 7/8″ OD tubing.
- Sturdy stainless steel cable spine.
- Made with all stainless steel parts.
- Warranty on hardware
- Safety First Fire hooping is fun, but playing with fire is INHERENTLY DANGEROUS, and MoodHoops cannot be held liable for any injury or property damage incurred through the use of these products. If you can’t take full responsibility for the consequences of your fire spinning, don’t spin fire. Even when following all safety guidelines, fire performance could result in accidental property damage, injury, or death. You should never handle fuel and spin fire without the following:
- Supervision of an experienced fire performer and spotter.
- Prior training on fuel safety and fire performance safety.
- Necessary safety equipment and clothing.
- An expert level of experience performing with the fire tool you will use (having practiced with it unlit).
Read the NAFAA Performer Safety Guidelines for points you may not have considered, though no single document should be considered as a comprehensive fire safety and fuel safety education.
Below are some common sense warnings to guide your own research about fire safety and fuel safety, and are not to be taken as a comprehensive safety education:
- Do not use explosive fuels. (Gasoline is explosive) Do plenty of research on the differences between different fuels. If you are unsure which fuel to use, do not attempt to perform.
- Do not leave fuel in open containers while performing. An errant cigarette ash could start a fire.
- Fuel the wick far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Spin excess fuel off of the wick, far away from the lighting and performance area.
- Do not light your own wicks.
- Do not bring freshly extinguished wicks near a fuel container.
- Do not submerge freshly extinguished wicks into fuel.