Please review your Order Confirmation email for shipping instructions on sending in your hoop.
|5/8 or 3/4
(includes 2 batteries)
|resize + 5/8 or 3/4
(includes 2 batteries)
What's next after the Service order is placed?
- Please review your Order Confirmation email for shipping instructions on sending in your hoop.
- Serviced hoops typically ship back to you within 5 business days after it arrives at our workshop (business days do not include holidays or weekends).
- Send your hoop in to us! Shipping the hoop to our workshop is not included, but return shipping is covered by the service.
- Need your hoop faster? Select expedited shipping for Rush Processing.
- Once your hoop arrives you’ll be emailed to let you know your hoop has been checked-in.
- If there are no repairs other than the selected service, the next email you will get will be shipment tracking for your hoop.
- If repairs are needed we’ll let you know the findings and work out the details with you.
- Our shop works very quickly to get your hoop back to you!
- Make sure your serviced hoop will ship back to you at the correct address! The address used when checking out is the Shipping Address we will use when shipping your hoop back to you.
- The address from your order will be shown in the return instructions, please make any address changes at that time when you’re contacted by Customer Service.
- Return shipping is included in the cost of the service. Approx $15 for domestic return shipping is added to the service at checkout. To get the exact shipping amount for your service order you can add the service to your cart and select the state/country.
- We cannot be responsible for packages lost in transit. We strongly recommend adding tracking on your package, with optional insurance.
- We cannot be responsible for damage done to hoops during shipment from you to us due to insufficient packaging.
- Choose expedited shipping to get your hoop faster. Check out the Shipping page for more info.
- International customers can check out with either the Canada or International (UK/AUS) shipping option.
- If you’re concerned about your hoop reaching you in time please Contact Us!
Sending the Hoop in
- Once your service order has been placed and you have received the packaging instructions, you can ship your hoop in to us.
- Packaging instructions will include the address and tips on how to carefully package your hoop.
- Once we receive your hoop you’ll be emailed to let you know your hoop has been checked-in.
- Services are usually performed on hoops within 5 business days if there is no damage found in the hoop.
- If damaged or compromised hoop internals are found during inspection, even if it wasn’t reported in the service order, we will contact you to discuss pricing and options.
With a USPS.com account you can purchase postage online and print it out at home to make sending your hoop in to us even quicker.
Please let us know ahead of time if your hoop has any damaged LEDs or kinked/broken tubing by selecting one of the options in the ‘Hoop Condition’ field.If you’re sending in your hoop for a retube due to a kink or broken tubing it’s possible there could also be damage to the LED strip or the circuit inside. Sometimes there’s previously unknown damage to the hoop we can catch ahead of time while the hoop is with us.
The service fee doesn’t include LED strip or circuit repairs, but we will assess any needed repairs once the hoop is inspected. We will contact you about repairs before continuing work on your hoop to give you pricing and options. We always price repairs fairly and with the longevity of the hoop and satisfaction of the customer in mind.
- 5/8 hoops: 33.5 in. OD to 24.5 in. OD
- 3/4 hoops: 38.5 in. OD to 24.5 in. OD
- HDPE tubing (more durable material, milky-white diffused – recommended)
- Polypro tubing (stiffer with a bounce, clear and more prone to cracking)
Fast breaks and reversals in 5/8 can cause the shape of the hoop to become warped, or the tubing can become over extended and kink. If also in polypro, the tubing is likely to crack from the stress.
Kinked and cracked tubing is not covered by the warranty, so take extra care when selecting your hoop tubing options.
Polypro LED Hoops
We recommend HDPE tubing as the default option for LED hoops. Since LED hoops have batteries and weighted internals, the lightness of polypro is not as noticeable from an HDPE LED hoop made in the same size. HDPE tubing is naturally a more flexible material and absorbs impacts well. Polypro tubing is stiffer, giving it a different kind of feedback during hoop play. However, polypro tubing is more brittle in comparison, and prone to cracking on impacts or when extremely flexed. The added weight of LEDs, batteries, weighted internals only increases the chance of the tubing cracking. Polypro is extra susceptible to cracking in cold temperatures.
If you’re at all unsure about whether you want the extra worry of cracking your hoop polypro hoop, HDPE is definitely the better choice, especially for the more flexible 5/8 tubing! With polypro LED hoops, certain moves like breaks, reversals, or even regular hooping can cause the tubing to crack. Also, some sort of trauma to the hoop, like a high impact hit or landing on it accidentally when trying to jump through it, is what can result in the hoop tubing becoming cracked.
- Grip Wax layer: (included) Thin layer of grip wax added along inner ring of the hoop.
- 3M Grip tape: (+$10) Retaped with super-grippy clear 3M Grip tape that easily clings to skin and clothing.
- Bare hoop/No sanding: Hoop comes back bare with no sanding or hoop wax. A bare hoop adheres to grip tapes best.
Lithium-ion Battery Safety & Care
Lithium-ion batteries are three times as powerful as store-bought alkaline batteries. It’s extremely important to follow the guidelines below and to take good care of your batteries while in use, charging, and when being stored.
Please review full details about Battery Safety & Care here: http://moodhoops.com/battery-safety
We take battery safety very seriously, and you should too! <3
Batteries are subject to wear & tear and will need to be replaced over time. Now is a great time to refresh your hoop batteries by adding it to your cart!
Damaged batteries should never be used in your hoop, and any use or charging of the battery should always be done with adult supervision.