Hello! i have been spinning props for about 3 years now. I spin single and double hoops, fans, dragon staff, and i fire eat! Hooping was the start of it all for me and will always be my first love. The first time i really connected with a hoop, i felt so much more confident in dancing and letting loose! In addition to helping me find my groove, the community it has brought me into has shown me so many wonderful people and given me amazing opportunities to do what i love! i could never thank this plastic circle enough 🙂
When did you begin your journey into the flow arts, and how were you inspired to start?
- I began about 3 years ago at Gratifly Music Festival. I was watching all my talented friends spin various props just thinking to myself how beautiful it all was and someone saw me watching and handing me a hoop. I didn’t know what I was doing but I had so much fun just playing around and from then on I couldn’t put my hoop down!
Why do you love performing?
- I love to entertain and make people smile! Adding a visual aspect to shows always made me happy and I love to be the one to add to live events now!
How has being a part of the flow community touched your life? How can the flow community make an impact and how do you see yourself being a part of it?
- I’ve made great friends through the community and it has helped me grow so much as a flow artist being able to connect and learn from other people within the community
What are your main props/specialties?
- I spin hoops, fans, and dragon staff!
I do single, double, and mini hoops. I’ve been hooping for 3 years, spinning fans for 2 and dragon staff for a couple months now. Hoops are my favorite and strongest, but for fire I love fans the most.
Where do you like to practice the most?
- My front yard!
Have you received any honorable mentions or won awards related to your flow or artistry?
- I have performed at a couple festivals over the past few years including: Summer Camp, Creatures of the Night, Luna Light, Euphoria, Camp Bisco, and Farm Fest, as well as various shows, events, conventions, and parties.
Are you a part of a performance group, flow community, or flow meet-up?
- I am apart of a group called Elemental Enchanters, a performance troupe based out of Colorado.
Are there any Facebook groups, clubs or local meet-ups that already exist in your local area?
At which festivals/events/retreats can you be found over the summer and through the rest of the year?
- Arise Music Festival – performing
Up North – performing
Backwoods Music Festival- performing
Summerset – attending for fun
Dominican Holidaze- attending for fun